Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Transfer Day!!!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG!
I can't believe the day is FINALLY here!  For all of my IUI's I was petrified the day of.  Retrieval day...scared shitless!  Now today, transfer day, I couldn't be more excited! This has GOT TO BE a great sign!

I woke up this morning ready to go!  Am I being optimistic? Yes! Am I over-excited? Yes! Am I setting myself up for another heartbreak?  Maybe...but eff it! I'm excited!!!

This is it!  This is the day where I just KNOW I'm going to get pregnant!  This is going to work!  I can feel it in my bones!  My appointment is at 9:30 this morning and time is just dragging!  I already have my outfit picked out like it's the first day of grade school! I have my special knee-high obnoxious socks ready....yes I'm THAT chick! I bought them just for today.  They are a simple white (unlike the socks I bought for retrieval day!) and down the side of them they say OMG!  They're perfect!  I knew those were the socks the moment I saw them.  I found them at the 4th store I went to and immediately picked them up and bought them!  Oh My Gosh...this is really happening!!!

Yesterday I found myself daydreaming off and on throughout the day knowing that it was my last day of not being pregnant.  10 years in the making and this was my last day! I bought a bottle of wine, knowing it was my last for awhile and went home happy and excited. I thought about the future and couldn't wait to get home and see Dave!

Now the day is here! This is the day! It is our time! The wait is over...except for the excruciating 2 week wait!  We've got this!

C'mon 9:30!!!!! They just called to rescheduled for 10:30....









Transfer Update.....
So we get there at 10:15...you know me, if I'm on time, I"m late!  Being late gets me all spun up (more than normal!) and sends me into a tizzy.  We didn't need that today.
So I get my blood drawn, I shown off my socks to everyone, and there's not a single soul in the whole clinic that can't feel my excitement.  I am LITERALLY skipping down the hall to get my blood drawn!

The transfer couldn't have gone better!  Of the two PERFECT embryos that we transferred, one of them was graded as a Grade 1...text book perfect!  He only gives this grade to a select few!  My doctor said she only sees this about once a year to once every other year!  YAY!!!!  My other perfect embryo was graded as a Grade 2.  Amazing!
Here they are! Grade 1 is on the top right, and Grade 2 is on the bottom left.  Double Trouble! HA!

0 comments:

Post a Comment