Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another Step Closer...

Ahhhhhhhhh good news alert!!!

We are another step closer to being accepted into the IVF study!!! I can't believe this!  After all the things that we've been through and all the things we have tried over the years, it finally seems like maybe...just maybe...this could be it! IVF here we come (hopefully!)

Now I know, I know, I shouldn't get my hopes up or do too much wishful thinking but I just can't help it! I want to jump up and down and shout it from the rooftops that we are another step closer!!!

Here's the thing though...they want me to start on birth control pills!  Wait...what?!?  You mean I need to take birth control pills in order to try and get pregnant?!?  I feel like I had an Arnold (from Diff'rent Strokes) moment.."Whatcha talkin' about Willis?!?" right there in the doctor's office! Let me get this straight....I'm trying to get pregnant and you want me to start taking birth control?!  Don't you know I want a refund on all the years I thought I had to take the pill in order to not get pregnant?!?  ummmm ok then! It made me think of all the times we couldn't have sex when we did our IUI's so we could get pregnant...which obviously didn't work!

So here goes nothing....I start "the pill" today in the hopes of getting pregnant! HA!  That sounds like a bad joke just writing it! But, whatever!  What do I have to lose!  I'll try anything right about now!

I talked to a couple of friends who went through IVF and were also on the pill as part of their protocol, and they all warned me about the huge side effects of mood swings and bitchiness (yes...more than my normal bitchiness! I can see my sisters commenting now as they read that last sentence!).  I'm not too worried though because I wasn't bad when I was on the pill 10+ years ago, so this should be nothing..... we shall see!

Wish us luck! I'm starting the pill...hoping to get pregnant..lol Yep, it's still funny saying that!









P.S. I created a page on the front of the blog about some fundraising I started.  You can read all about the details HERE. Don't worry...we're not asking for a handout (unless of course you want to just donate a dollar or two...we'll take it! :) HA!)
If you know of any teachers out there that can use some items for their classroom, then please send them to my stores! The money I make from these items is going towards our infertility treatments. :) Thanks!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment